This might be your first visit so if you’re wondering if this is the right place for you, read on.
Basically it all boils down to this: I want to do what I love, for people who love what I do!
How to flow through ImageMaven.com
- Start with the blog posts
- If you like my style of writing and teaching, grab my free e-course.
- If the e-course is too difficult, you might want to check out Point. Shoot. Wow., which is my online course for total beginners and marketers looking for some basic instruction on photography and using images for your business
- After the free e-course, a natural progression is my Photo Fundamentals course. In this course you’ll learn the fundamentals of photography. This course has assignments and provides lots of opportunity for feedback.
- I have helped thousands of people open their raw files. If you’ve tried shooting raw files, but get stuck with software not working, this tutorial will help you.
- Next you may be ready to learn about shooting and editing raw files. I have an online course on that too. It uses Photoshop Elements, which is the consumer version of Photoshop and much more affordable than regular Photoshop. I teach the things that other Photoshop Elements courses don’t.
- I also have an online studio portrait lighting course where I teach my fail proof business portrait lighting setup. I also teach this course live at Red Deer College a couple times a year.
- Follow me on Facebook.
- Check out my YouTube channel for weekly photography and video tutorials
- Take pictures. Have fun! Don’t forget to have fun – very important!
Here’s a short video with three valuable photo tips to show you the kinds of things I teach:
Here are the types of people I resonate best with:
- You think photography is awesome and fun!
- You like to learn new things. You like to take courses.
- You’re creative. You have keen interests or perhaps a business doing photography, cooking, gardening, scrap-booking, writing, quilting, weaving, painting, sculpting, printmaking, drawing, film making, or you’re a Photoshop whiz.
- You love learning about photography and how it interconnects with your other creative interests.
- You’re not afraid of the technical stuff, at least when it comes to your creativity.
- You sometimes need help with the technical stuff and you’re looking for a person who can relate to your creative side, to teach you all that.
- You’re open to new ideas related to your creative interests.
- You like to share your photography and your creativity with others.
- You’d like to sell some of your photos either for fine art or commercial purposes.
- You like the colour green (as in those green shirts I wear in my bio photos)
If you thought, “Yes that’s me,” to most of the things in this list, then you’re probably in the right place and we’re right for each other.
This is what my right people are like:
Beginner photographers: Overwhelmed with too many options
You’ve just got your small digital camera or your dSLR and you are overwhelmed by all the features your camera has. You don’t have a clue where to start. Check out these resources:
- My free e-course covers all the basics of dSLR camera set-up, using available light and composition.
- If my free e-course was too technical for you, you might like this instead: Point Shoot Wow which is perfect for people using point-and-shoot cameras.
- You want an online course on Photo Fundamentals
Intermediate photographers: Ready for more
You’re good friends with your camera, but now you’re ready to explore some topics in more depth:
- You want to work with camera raw files
- You want an online course that teaches you how to Rock your Raw Files using Photoshop Elements
- You want to learn how to take professional quality studio portraits
- You want to make money with your photography maybe even go pro and start marketing your work
My SAIT and RDC photography students
You’ve been in my SAIT or Red Deer College class and you met me in person.
- You liked my style of teaching and you want to take more courses that I teach.
- You subscribed to my free photo lessons and you’ve taken my online courses too.
- You follow ImageMaven on Facebook and participate in my weekly photo challenges.
- You like to go on Photo Walks with me and other SAIT and RDC students.
If this is you, that’s really awesome. I hope you’ve subscribed and followed, and I hope to connect and converse with you soon!
If this doesn’t sound at all like you, that’s cool. There are lots of choices out there. I wish you well.
Connect with Marlene Hielema in the following social media networks
I’m mostly here on Facebook and YouTube
And sometimes on Twitter, LinkedIn and G+