Simple Photo Editing
There are a several apps for simple photo editing online and in this post I’m going to do a mini review of iPiccy.com and Photoshop.com. Read on, and watch the video here to see what I think of each of these online image editing programs.
UPDATE: Photoshop.com has closed down since this post was made. iPiccy.com is around and is still free, but there are a lot of other online apps available now too. One of my favourites is Snapseed. I use Snapseed on my iPhone for my Instagram photo edits . PicMonkey is also quite popular.
Best iPiccy.com features
- It has a histogram, but you need to know where to look for it. See the graphic above. Sorry, I neglected to mention this in the video.
- The ability to apply a filter or effect to a specific area of your photo. For example you could make your photo black and white, but then bring back some of the colour in parts of it.
- Multiple un-dos and re-dos. You can undo something you did a few edits back if you change your mind.
- The full screen view. The site header is small and doesn’t waste any screen real estate.
- You can remove backgrounds and make them transparent and save as PNG really easily with the Painter feature. (You can’t do that in iPhoto!)
What I don’t like about iPiccy.com
- Nothing! It’s great!
Free ipiccy.com tutorials for you if you’re new to photo editing
- Online image editing is an affordable way to edit your images
- Start with iPiccy if you are a total newbie. More apps are being created all the time.
- If you have a Mac and use iPhoto, you probably won’t need either of these programs. But if you’re away from your computer or traveling, you could probably use them.
- To remove a background from your image super easily – use iPiccy.com, otherwise you’ll need something like Photoshop Elements or Photoshop CC.